At The Hurlingham Academy we are committed to delivering an outstanding education in an exceptional environment, where every child has the opportunity to achieve the highest level of academic success. We have “disruption free” lessons, every period, every day. We are clear that there are no excuses for underachievement. We aim to identify barriers to learning, understand them in relation to our context and then focus on breaking them down, one by one.
We instil in our students these core values:
- Ambition – to achieve the best for ourselves and others.
- Confidence – to have the courage of our convictions and to take risks in the right cause.
- Creativity – to imagine possibilities and make them real.
- Competition - striving to gain or win something
- Respect – for ourselves and others in all that we do.
- Enthusiasm – to seek opportunity, find what is good and pursue talents and interests.
- Determination – to overcome obstacles and reach success.
Every adult in our community is a role model and every student is a role model. We all have the opportunity and responsibility to have a positive impact on the lives of others.
We give trust and respect at all times and ensure that students have fun and are happy in their learning. This ethos has established a success culture that we celebrate at every opportunity.
Our students leave us as motivated individuals with purpose, direction, a love of learning and a sense of vocation, prepared for successful careers and fulfilling lives. This sense of scholarship underpins all that we do.